Due to the increasing cost of doing business, we are no longer able to sustain our liberal return & exchange practices. To reduce the possibility of getting the wrong merchandise, please allow our trained and knowledgeable staff help you determine the proper product for your needs.
All merchandise purchased after June 1st, 2010 must meet the following criteria to be accepted for return, exchange or credit:
- All merchandise must be accompanied by the original sales receipt.
- Merchandise must be in new and unused condition. Packaging must be undamaged. Merchandise and packaging must be in re-saleable condition, as determined by the staff & management.
- Refunds will only be given within fourteen (14) days of purchase.
- Cash & Debit Card purchases will receive cash refunds. Credit Card purchases will be refunded to the same card used at the time of sale, and that card must be presented at the time of refund.
- Merchandise purchased between fifteen (15) to thirty (30) days prior will be exchanged or credited to a Back Bay Hardware Gift Card.
- Merchandise purchased between thirty-one (31) to forty-five (45) days prior will be exchanged or credited to a Back Bay Hardware Gift Card at the discretion of the management.
- Sales older than forty-five (45) days are not eligible for refund, exchange, or credit.
- Tools in new and unused condition are eligible for exchange only.
- Door knob lock sets, dead bolts, night latches and all other lock sets cannot be returned or exchanged once the packaging has been opened.
- Seasonal merchandise & emergency merchandise are not eligible for refund, exchange or credit.
- Defective merchandise will be replaced, refunded or exchanged according to the manufacturer’s warranty.